Step 1: Put your phone into field test mode and convert your bars to RSRP in dBm. To do this follow the steps below.
ii. Release the power button and do not power off your device
iii. Press and hold the home button until you return to your home screen
1. Turn Airplane Mode ON
2. Wait 5 seconds
3. Turn Airplane Mode OFF
4. Wait 5 seconds for RSRP reading to stabilize
5. Note RSRP value when you hold the phone in your hand with the Reach Case antenna extended
6. Tap the numerical value to show number of bars
i. Tap the bars to return to numerical RSRP
Step 4: Note the improved RSRP and number of bars with R79X.
*Remember less negative is better, eg -70 is better than -76dBm
Every bar is equivalent to 10dB of signal
Reach Case improves RSRP by up to 5dB
- 3dB improvements = 2x Stronger Signal
- 5dB improvement = 3x Stronger Signal
95% of the time, you will see the benefits of the R79X Case when in Field Test Mode.